Vice President – Media Relations
JOB DESCRIPTIONVICE PRESIDENT – MEDIA RELATIONS
Calysto is a fully remote boutique PR agency focused on AI, IoT, mobile, wireless and telecom. We’re looking for consultants to join our team.
- Are you obsessive about gaining coverage for clients in business, biz tech, industry trade and vertical publications?
- Are you a PR veteran? Do you have 15+ years of experience in high-tech B2B PR?
- Do you know the media and analysts that cover one or all of the AI, IoT, mobile, wireless and telecom industries?
- Are you looking for flexible, part-time hours to accommodate family or personal priorities, or do you have your own PR consultancy and want to supplement that?
As a part-time VP of Media Relations at Calysto you will join an experienced group of work-from-home PR professionals, report directly into the client team lead, and have direct access to the CEO. You will work closely with both internal and client teams to deliver measurable results for our clients.
- Develop and execute aggressive media relations strategies customized for each client to all tiers of press
- Develop and maintain media and analyst lists, and editorial tradeshow and awards calendars
- Leverage your existing relationships and build and maintain relationships with relevant media and analyst contacts in the AI, IoT, mobile, wireless and telecom industries as well as vertical markets such as retail, healthcare, manufacturing, and others
- Help to grow, shape, and maintain clients’ brand through participation in PR opportunities
- Identify new media and analyst opportunities in which client can participate, including feature articles, Thought Leadership, awards, speaking opportunities, Q&As, podcasts and more
- Actively monitor and provide daily editorial coverage to clients (before they provide it to us!)
- Provide team leads and clients with media relations counsel, and lead media relations consultations with clients, editors, and analysts
- Prepare clients for interviews with media and analysts through the creation of briefing documents with your own strategic recommendations for each interview
- Draft or edit pitches to secure media and analyst interviews
- Demonstrate knowledge of client industry issues relating to products, product categories, technologies, primary and potential competition, and general issues; Make recommendations on how to pitch client for trend topics
- Identify and understand key competitors to clients and their business strategies. Bring creative editorial opportunities to team and/or client that can improve client’s position vis-à-vis competitors
- Participate in and provide recommendations on client weekly, monthly and annual strategy meetings
- Bachelor’s degree required
- PR agency and subject-matter experience required
- Relevant client experience (both service provider and enterprise) in AI, IoT, mobile, wireless and telecom required
- Existing relationships with media and industry analysts in AI, IoT, mobile, wireless and telecom
- Advanced proficiency in the use of Office 365, Microsoft suite and other software programs, including Teams, Box, Replicon and Meltwater
- Ability to develop new media and analyst relationships quickly
- Creative and strategic with regards to media and analyst relations and opportunities. Constantly brainstorming with internal teams to create new ideas for clients
- Obsessively organized and detail-oriented in a continually changing work environment—Ability to meet deadlines, work independently with limited supervision
- Self-motivated and a willingness to learn new skills
- Ability to communicate clearly verbally and in writing
- Ability to take detailed notes of internal meetings and those with media and analysts, and share with internal teams
- Fully Remote- Work from home
- Flexible Hours
If you are highly focused on gaining coverage for clients in business, biz tech, industry trade and vertical publications, you are a 15+ year experienced PR veteran, and you are looking for some flexibility in your schedule, apply now at Jobs@calysto.com to join the Calysto team.
While this is a thorough list of role responsibilities, job duties and responsibilities may vary based on business needs.
Calysto is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
Back to Careers.