The word “Evolution” has a special significance. Not only is the IoT industry evolving at a rapid pace, but the IoT Evolution Expo itself has evolved quite a bit. It all began in 2009 with the first-ever M2M Evolution, focusing on the machine-to-machine communications space when it was in its infancy. Later, the conference would expand its focus to the IoT industry and all its corresponding verticals. It has all lead up to next month’s 17th event – IoT Evolution Expo – featuring another key shift in focus.
Calysto is proud to have to have provided strategic counsel and some execution in helping to shape the new direction of this beloved conference, especially the new CEO Strategy Summit. Here’s what you can expect to see at the newly revamped show.
- Enterprise Focus– IoT Evolution is focusing on the Enterprise and the impact of IoT on businesses. “We face a problem I call the Pareto Paradox,” says Carl Ford, CEO and Executive Director of Content, IoT Evolution. “The 80/20 rule applies to IoT in the following way: we are going to see 80% of the devices created for consumer applications. Meanwhile, 80% of the value of IoT will be found in Enterprise deployments.” With that said, consumer consumption of internet connected devices will be key for the adoption of IoT in the workplace.
- CEO Strategy Summit – The IoT Evolution CEO Strategy Summit is an all new, exclusive event for C-level executives to discuss each other's strategies, successes and challenges, while planning for the impact IoT will have on jobs, now and far into the future.
- Co-located Conference – The Industrial IoT Conference – a partnership between IoT Evolution and The Industrial Internet Consortium – will focus on the IoT technologies and solutions specifically related to manufacturing and industrial applications. The conference will cover the critical issues faced by companies looking to integrate IoT solutions into their manufacturing processes.
- Diversity of Solutions – “Besides IoT being a market of products, IoT is a market of solutions and services,” says Carl Ford. “There are as many IoT solutions as there are vertical markets.” Expect the trade show floor of IoT Evolution to be filled with exhibitors representing the full spectrum of IoT offerings. This includes Taoglas, Globecomm, Ingenu, Kore, Numerex, Sprint, T-Mobile, Telit and many others.
- Real World Examples – Unlike other IoT shows (and there are new ones cropping up every day), the team at IoT Evolution truly understands the technology, as well as the business cases for IoT. The show’s Business Impact Awards will feature real life implementations where we’ll get the opportunity to hear from companies who have successfully implemented M2M and IoT solutions to solve a business issue, launch a new service or create a revenue opportunity.
We’re excited to see what other new surprises the conference organizers have in store.
IoT Evolution will take place from February 7 – 10, 2017 in Fort Lauderdale, FL.