Executive Vice President
Melanie Crandall brings a 20-year public relations career, with depth of knowledge and experience in the broadcast and wireless industries.
- Melanie employs a strategic, multi-dimensional approach to media and analyst relations, securing key online and print coverage through carefully crafted stories and the ability to pitch news within a broader industry context. Journalists trust Melanie to deliver.
- Melanie’s uses her extensive media relationships and deep knowledge of the broadcast and wireless industries not only to garner coverage but also to position executives as experts and successfully pitch relevant and timely contributed articles.
- Melanie’s deep understanding of technical material is a boon to creating compelling, successful award submissions and speaking opportunities, as well as targeted surveys. Client submissions have resulted in TV Technology Star Awards, among others.
- For international broadcast leader Nevion, Melanie and team implemented an international re-branding campaign for the new company—resulting from the merger of a European broadcast leader and more telecom-focused US-based solution provider—developing key messages to position the new entity as the leader in the new converged telecom/broadcasting media space, led media and analyst tours, and secured international ongoing coverage. For key North American trade show NAB (National Association of Broadcasters), Melanie secured more than twenty-five media and analyst briefings over multiple years. In addition to top-tier broadcasting media, analyst firms included Gartner, Yankee Group, DIS Consulting, Current Analysis, In-Stat, Frost & Sullivan, and ABI Research.
- As VP of Communications for Sonopia, Melanie oversaw the launch of a branded mobile phone company led by a former Microsoft executive, where she was responsible for messaging, branding, and media relations for a start up within an entirely new market segment. Coverage included Businessweek and other general business media as well as key wireless verticals.
- Melanie has been an integral part of Calysto account teams for Netbiscuits and Nevion, and provided consulting for LSN and PCTEL.
- Melanie has specialized writing abilities, bylining articles for CEOs and other top management in publications such as Broadcast Engineering, CED Magazine, TVB Europe, and Capacity Magazine.
- Coverage has included Broadcast Engineering, TV Technology (US and Europe), Broadcasting & Cable, TMCnet, RCR Wireless, Connect World, CED Magazine, CIO, TVB Europe, FierceWireless, FierceTelecom, FierceIPTV, Government Video, Wireless Week, Connected Planet, Multichannel News, Light Reading, IBE, Lightwave, Telecom TV, Satellite Today, Screen Digest, HD World, Via Satellite, Capacity Magazine, Wireless Week, TechCrunch, Endgadget, Telecommunications Technology/Cable360, AP, Reuters, Los Angeles Times, USA Today, Wall Street Journal and NY Times.